Thursday, May 19, 2011

Glenn Doman


Elizabeth and Marie told me about this amazing man Glenn Doman, who is the founder or Gentle Revolution, and oh my goodness, it has set me off on such a reading spree. 

As a side note Glenn talks about how our children can be a gluten for knowledge and how we must restrain from letting them indulge too much. Well, I should have taken his advice for myself. I have not stopped reading his works or others people experiences. Now my head HURTS! I have learned so much and I have a real good idea about how I want to go about teaching toddler Elizabeth. But, all the same I should have taken Glenn's advise more to heart, I have taken so many Advil :) Even with this acknowledgement I still want to study about his methods more!

5 comments:

Pam said...

I am excited to get to read these books too Holly, the girls have been telling me all about them, and they sound great. It stirs up my homeschooling heart again. :) Nice to here from you. I got to see Heather the other day. She looked and seemed great. I hadn't seen her in a long time. Would love to see you and your Mom too. It has been far too long. Perhaps I can get the girls down here this summer, and we could have a little mini reunion again. That would be fun.
Miss ya Sweetie.
Love, Pam

Holly Trujillo said...

I would love together so much!
what fun we will all have, and with the four little ones crawling and running around.
I love you Pam

Elizabeth said...

What a great post Holly. You filled me with inspiration all over again. I have been wanting to call you but it has been a little hectic around here. It was SO great talking to you the other day. I want to hear more about all the encyclopedic knowledge that you have been implementing! Love you sweet sweet friend!

Holly Trujillo said...

I had a delightful time talking with you and sharing all of our ideas and inspirations! I am now having toddler Elizabeth go through 1 set of ten cards with pictures three times a day and she is loving it. I started out with animals because she loves them so much.

Marie said...

Oh my goodness girl, you make me feel better, because you have made me realize that is what has happened to me too. I need to slow down when I get the Glen Domen bug!! It sure makes me go berzerk though LOL!! I love this post and you are so so encouraging! I am so glad we all are on this journey together!!

XXOXOXOXOX
~Marie